Wednesday, June 27, 2007

FRAGILE


Hey, everyone! This is an assignment writing from the Business English class in last semester.
The assignment is; Think of a company that you buy products from regularly. What does it do to keep you as a customer? What could it do to strengthen your customer loyalty in the future?
When I read this assignment, immediately my loving apparel Japanese brand, "FRAGILE" came to my mind. All clothes in the photo are "FRAGILE" products. But I took it in February, so I am sorry they don't match this hot summer season!!

When you buy clothes, if you have a favorite shop, it would not be hard to choose the one because you don’t have to go back and forth to several shops wondering which one is the best for you!
But I have a favorite Japanese apparel brand. The brand’s name is FRAGILE. However, my customer loyalty for the brand is not fragile. I have been the biggest fan of the brand for five years.
When I visit Japan, I just go to one of this brand’s shops, try on some cloths, and buy them. I don’t have to make an errand to buy clothes anymore. The reasons why I love this brand are as follows:

First, their designs are exactly my taste. Their clothes are feminine, but not too lovely. They have the latest trend, but not too flashy. When I wear their clothes, they fit my body perfectly. Yes, they are clingy! Therefore, I can show my figure as if it seems more beautiful than the way I really am! These clothes make me a FRAGILE, delicate lady.

Second, the location of the shop is convenient. This brand is a really popular one, so I can find their retail shops anywhere in Japan. Last year when I visited Japan, I went to my husband’s hometown (Nagoya) first.
I visited the FRAGILE shop in Nagoya, and figured out which clothes are good for me. Then, when I went to my hometown (Sapporo,) I visited their shop again, and bought them because it was the time of the big sale!
The FRAGILE shop in Sapporo is located in the biggest department store in Sapporo, so it is also easy to get there.

Third, the clerks are really nice to me. In the FRAGILE shop in Sapporo, the chief remembers me even though I visit there just once or twice a year. I know it is because I always buy a lot of clothes… However, I know it is not easy to remember many customers’ names. Whenever I visit the shop, the chief always smiles to me saying, “Keiko! Welcome back to Japan!” Also, she sends a postcard to me twice a year. Her thoughtful attitude makes me think “I am an exclusive customer!”

If I could suggest them some strategies of keeping existing customers like me longer, I would say two suggestions.
First, send e-mails to their loyal customers regularly. If they introduce their latest products to us, like Nine West or Victoria’s Secret does, we would want to get them more often.
Second, provide some discounts to the loyal customers depending on how much they have bought. What if they have a kind of “a shop card”, so we can save points whenever we buy their clothes? How about getting one more clothing item when the points reach a certain amount?

If they carry out my suggestions, I guess many established & potential customers would keep their UNBREAKABLE loyalties to FRAGILE!!

No comments: