Friday, June 11, 2010

Asking for a help

I didn't mention about the MOST IMPORTANT thing about the Toastmasters' party last Saturday.
That was; my friends came to the party even though they aren't Toastmasters!!
Here are special thanks to...

Mayumi, thank you for coming to the party! She is my former co-worker at the Labor Standard Bureau. She has still worked for it as a government employee, but now, she has been taking a maternity leave. Her adorable girl is only 6-month old, but she has been trained as a coaching teacher. Since she is very friendly & a great conversationalist, she seemed to mingle a lot of people there. We have a career counselor, Reiko, at the club, so it was a great pleasure for me to introduce them each other. I took Mayumi's "coaching" session once. She listened to me very patiently, and guided how I could aim to my goal. Thank you, Mayumi! If you're interested in her coaching, please let me know! Because she has been under the training, so far, her session is free. Don't miss the great chance!

Erica, thank you very much for coming to the party even though we have met in person just ONCE. She came to the Toastmaster's meeting once, and we kind of "fell in love" each other.
You are so my type of a girl ( I'm not lesbian!!) and I'm very happy to feel connecting you whenever we talk. (It sounds weird? It's just a friendly talk!!)
I'm sorry you should leave during the party because our time schedule was behind very much.
But I'm very looking forward to having lunch & talking A LOT with you soon.
Also, thank you for bringing your friend, Shu Sai!

Shu sai, it was VERY nice to meet you at the party! Thank you very much for coming to the party. You're an amazing trilingual Taiwanese girl. I was very proud of you & Erica, because you two were so outstanding at the party. I'm looking forward to seeing you again!!

Chiho, (my cousin,) thank you very much for saying, "OK, I'm coming!" even I asked you just a few days ago from the party! Even though you have a conservative job (a pharmacist,) you have had such an adventurous life, and I love it! You have lived in England & France, taking working holidays. Because of your various life experience? you looked so comfortable with coming the party alone & communicating international people in English. I'm proud of you!

Mayumi, (my emcee friend, ) and Kaori ( my friend from primary school,) thank you very much for trying to get to the party until the night before! If I had introduced you two (my most wonderful friends) to my friends & Toastmasters' members at the party, that would have been great! But thank you very much for your nice try even though you're busy with your job & raising your kids!!

Also, Nozomi, thank you very much for saying, "I really really want to go to the party and see your English emceeing, but the night is my engagement ceremony night! I tried to come up with a good idea to get to your party, but it seems impossible... I'm very sorry!"
I AM SORRY for inviting you to the party! I didn't know that was your engagement ceremony night, so, I'm sorry to bother you! But I always appreciate your sincere attitude.

Last, but not the least at all, because she is the one whom I want to say "thank you" the MOST.
KUNIE!!!
Thank you so, so, so much for coming & taking beautiful pictures!!!
She was originally one of my clients. I mean, when I was a wedding emcee, she was a bride.
We have been friends since then, and she consulted with me how to be involved in a bridal industry. I was very glad when she asked me to, and she became a professional bridal photographer after awhile. Recently, she was back to that bridal job from her maternity leave.
I didn't imagine she could come on a WEEKEND because she was so busy with raising her boy & her job!!
But she was so kind that she said, " I would like to take pictures of a "non-wedding" party. That would be my great experience as a photographer! And I want to listen to your emceeing!!"
Since our club is NPO, I said we couldn't pay for her, but she came & took so many pictures as a volunteer!! Even though she was a guest, she was so professional & took many pictures all the time. Especially, when we took group pictures, I felt really thankful for having her. It had been so difficult to take pictures of 70 guests if we wouldn't have had a professional photographer like her!! Thank you SO much Kunie, and I'm very looking forward to meeting you next week!!

Before the party, actually, I was reluctant to invite my friends to the party. Basically, I'm lazy & reclusive... So, I thought it would be tiring for both of us. But eventually, several of my friends came to the party & I was really glad about that!
Because I received their kindness, now I'm trying to find what I can do for them.
That is a wonderful "give & take," and I think I need to do it more!
Just until ecently, I had rarely sent a text message to my friends if I don't have a business to them.
But, just saying "Hello! How have you been?" is OK!! I tried to improve my skills, so I tried to make time for that... But networking is as much as important than improving my own skills.

Today, I called one of my old friends to ask her advice about my job-hunting as a bilingual emcee. Keep asking for a help! Keep asking for some advice!! Then, it would be easier for them to contact me the next time.
...Am I annoying???

No comments: