Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Afterthought of the Afterthought

...Continuing from the "afterthought" of my first wedding emcee job since two years...

I told you as if my last wedding emceeing was not satisfactory to me, but, I was actually relieved late night of the wedding day.
Because I got a text message from the bride.
She said, "I had been very picky about my wedding. But during the reception, all of my concern was clear, & everything went so perfectly. I think it's because of you!! Thank you very much for being our wedding emcee!"

While I was listening to my performance I recorded yesterday, I noticed I HAD BEEN very picky about some stammer parts & small mistakes before. They were not big deals at all!
So, overall...it was good emceeing.

However, I should improve my emcee skills, language skills, & business skills whatever the the clients say to me.
Wedding is a happy & private (for most people) occasion, so most couples are very generous to wedding emcees. But, we shouldn't rely on their merciful feedback.

...However, being said "thank you" from the happiest couple always makes me feel EXTREMELY happy.
During two years, I was reluctant to work on the intense occasion ( I mean, wedding,) because of my busy teaching job & medical treatment. But now? Things have been settling down, so...
I'm ready to go!!

No comments: