Friday, October 29, 2010

Unforgettable Moment

Teru is a 4 year old kid student, and his brother, Yuto, is 7 years old.
Their mother, Akiko, is the same as my age.
...And all of them are my students!!

Teru gave me a hard time when he was a "terrible two."
He didn't want to stay away from his mom. Whenever he took my class, his mother was at the door of the classroom. If she sneaked out of the room, he started to cry, very hard.

Two years has passed. Now...he doesn't want to stay away from ME!!
Whenever the family comes to school, I play with Teru and Yuto when I don't have a class.

That day, my classes were over, so I wanted to leave school to go shopping...
But I stayed at school for awhile because they were there.
When they leave the school, they always give me Hi-5 at the elevator.
An hour later, finally I got their Hi-5, did some errands at school, and left the school, caring for the department store's business hour.

When I went outside...I heard a kid's voice.
"KEIKO SENSE---I!!!"
I looked across the road, then...Yuto, was screaming my name, climbing the road fence to get my attention!!
When the signal turned green, he dashed to cross the intersection.

"Hey hey, don't run! Where's your mom and Teru!?"
I was surprised and asked, then he grinned.
"We were having dinner at MacDonald. Then、we found you, so I came! Come on, grab a bite with us at Mac!!"
He grabbed MY HAND, and drew me into the MacDonald across the school.
His mother, Akiko found me and said,
"Keiko sensei! Sorry to bother you!! We were at the second floor, and I found you. Just after I said, "Look! Keiko sensei!" Yuto dashed immediately to reach you!!
Teru wanted to go outside to see you too, but I stopped him. Thank you for coming to us!
...A combo is OK?"
She offered me a dinner, but they seemed to have finished their meal (and I WANTED TO GO SHOPPING!!) so I said, "Oh, no, thank you. I need to go. Will you go to the station? Let's go together!"

On the way to the station, I took Teru's hand on my right side, and on my left side, I took Yuto's hand.
Yuto asked me, "Are you coming to the Halloween party? If you come, I'm gonna give you my treasure! Please come!!"
Teru asked me, "Are you coming to my house? Please come with us!!"
I laughed and said, "I'm going to the Halloween party...but speaking of visiting your house, let me do it some another time!!"

We took the trains for opposite directions. I sent them off.
When their train was about to leave, they said, "Hi-5! Hi-5, Keiko!"
They gave me Hi-5 respectively. Even after the door was closed, they tapped the door again and again, trying to touch my hands.

See? The moment was too adorable to forget!!
I didn't imagine I would start teaching kids before. I thought they were uncontrollable... Yes, they are sometimes, but moreover, they give me unforgettable moments.
I just can't wait to see them every week!

When I told this story to my friend, who has also two sons, she was a bit sarcastic.
"Yes, they give us unforgettable moments...
But you're lucky to see them once or twice per week! If if happens for four days, the adorableness will stop! "Unforgettable moments" would become "want-to-forget" moments!!"

Oh, I see...

No comments: