Tuesday, February 22, 2011

American Idol

Here comes this season again...yes, American Idol new season has started!
In America, it starts in January every year. Since I moved to America in 2003, I watched the reality show & voted the year's my favorite. Carrie Underwood, Katharine Mcphee, Jordin Sparks... After I came back to Japan, I've been still excited to keep watching the show from Japanese FOX channel!

Because the Japanese FOX channel airs the show one month later from America, I usually check the American Idol's website, checking who stays the show and who is kicked out.
However, when I watch regional auditions, I can say who is going to Hollywood or not without confirming the results from the Website, because it's obvious the difference between contestants who can sing or not!!

When I watched an audition in Nashville, there was one really interesting guy.
He didn't look "American Idol" type. He looked a "professional wrestler type," with a lot of tattoo on him. He didn't sing "American Idol" way. He sang a local heavy metal concert way.
So, it was apparent he is not going to Hollywood... But he became the most impressive contestant for me, so far.

When the judges said "no" to him, he smiled and said.
"It's cool. We're all just who we are. I love criticism. If you tell me," no, I'm not feeling you,"I just gonna make me get home and practice ten times harder.
Even the greatest musicians all times fail auditions once or twice in their lives.
There's a reason for everything in this life. So...thank you, guys!"

Isn't his great!?
I just couldn't stop my feeling that I want to fly to Nashville soon to see him!
Yeah, we're all just who we are. And, there's a reason for everything in our lives.
These two are like big two philosophies we should keep in mind!
I love to find those "heroes" next door (he is not my next door actually, he's in Nashville..,) that's why I love reality TV shows!

No comments: