Friday, March 04, 2011

Patience

A few days ago, an import DVD from America, "Glee season 2" was delivered to my home.
I have already watched all 10 episodes of the DVD, and I would like to leave my favorite lines from the DVD here.

It was episode 10, "Very Glee Christmas." (Sorry, it's a kind of off-season right now!)
Artie, a wheel-chaired guy, found out his girlfriend, Britney, still believes in Santa.
(That's so funny! She is supposed to be 17 years old! This is not happening to most high school girls, but Britney has been described like a "dumb blond(Sorry to say so! I don't believe most blond ladies are not so smart, but it's one of American politically incorrect notions.)" in this TV drama, so it's understandable for Glee fans. I love Britney!)
To protect her innocent notion, Artie and his Glee friends bring Britney to a shopping mall to have her tell her Christmas wish to a commercial Santa. Artie would like to get what she wants, but he notices it's impossible.. because her wish is, "To make Artie be able to walk."

Artie and Glee members are puzzled, so they ask a female football coach, Biest, to pretend to be Santa, and persuade Britney that Santa can't make it happen. Why Biest? Because she looks like Santa!
Being said, "Hey, you look like a Santa! " is insulting for a woman I think, but Biest, my favorite character in the new season, reluctantly does her students' favor.
As you know from my description, Biest (not a beast...) is a lady who looks like a football player guy. Yes, she is a strict football coach, but inside her, she is a sensitive girl who has been embarrassed by her appearance, so she always understands when her students hurt. That's why I love her.

Anyway, a few days before Christmas, Biest Santa sneaked into Britney's house, and talked with Britney.

Biest: Do you remember what you asked for Christmas?

Britney: Yes, I asked you to make Artie to be able to walk.

Biest:Santa's trying his best, but that one's a little hard.
Sometimes what Santa wants to give a good girl like you is patience. Because, believe it or not, there are even some things that he can't manage. You know, there was a girl a little younger than you...and she was a little husky. She was always asking Santa for the same thing-to make her look more like the other girls. She wasn't asking to be pretty or nothing. But she just didn't wanna stick out so much. Santa just couldn't do it. So instead Santa gave her patience.
And later on, that girl was glad...that Santa didn't give her what she'd asked him for. She put being husky to good use.

Britney;...Was her name Ricki Lake? (That's hilarious! Biest was talking about herself when she was a kid, but Britney thought it's about her cheer leading friend who has a husky voice!)

Biest: (Sighs) The point is...I don't think I'm gonna be able to give you what you're asking for, even enough I'd like to. I'm sorry, it's just not gonna happen.

Then, Biest Santa leaves Britney's house.
Britney is disappointed, but the next day from Christmas, she is really happy.
Because as she wished, Artie becomes able to walk!!
Britney found a kind of artificial legs, "Rewalk," was invented in Israel, was under her Christmas tree. No one doesn't know who gave the one, so glee members start to believe in Santa again.
However, glee fans know...it was from Biest Santa!!

I think Biest is a great teacher. She didn't crash Britney's fantasy, but told her the reality, giving her a great life-surviving tip from her experience.
PATIENCE. When I feel I don't have a talent for emceeing or teaching stuff, when I feel I envy someone for his/her capacities, I say myself, "just hang in there! Unless I stop being here, something good is going to happen to me!"
I felt the coach Biest told me I was right to think so.

Now, another DVD I ordered, "Desperate Housewives complete season 6" has been waiting for me to be watched.
Can I still watching TV dramas even I need to take a test two weeks later?
I don't think I learned "patience" enough from the coach Biest...

No comments: