Wednesday, March 02, 2011

10th Marriage Anniversary

On March 2nd, 2001, my hubby and I registered our marriage at Musashino city hall, in Tokyo.
At that time I lived in Sapporo, keeping my job as a governmental employee.
I was about to leave my hometown, my parents, my job, and my old friends because of marriage.
However, I wasn't afraid of what would happen to me at all. I was filled with 100 % joy and excitement for my new life.

My hubby was a man, so he was more realistic than me. He was filled with responsibility & a kind of fear if we could make it or not...it makes sense.
On the other hand, I don't know why, but I didn't have any doubt for "if we could live happily ever after."
Because I kind of know my hubby was the right one for me.

10 year later then, I think I was right.
I enjoy having time with my hubby ten times (10 times sounds exaggerating, tough,) more than when we got married. I've been getting to know how my hubby is a wonderful person more and more, and my family and family-in-law have been building a great relationship for 10 years.

Yes, marriage has been magnificent as I imagined. No, actually, much more than I pictured.
However, I don't mean we're perfect.
What I learned from marriage is "no couple is perfect." In other words, "There's no one who is "perfectly happy."
We've been through some hard times, not about our relationship, but about our unexpected matter. That "unexpected matter" prevented us to be a perfectly happy family, but the process against it makes us a "self-styled" perfectly happy couple.
Through those stuff, I've found my hubby is very sincere, reliable, trustworthy, having a great sense of humor guy.

Happiness is just what you feel. If what you feel affects who you are, you should just believe you're happy.
I feel I'm just lucky I could feel happy for my marriage life for ten years.
My intuition worked to find "Mr. Right," but I might have found a"Mr. Wrong."
There are many, so many great people who separate their partners.. I think I am lucky to have "my Mr. Right," although I feel my hubby thinks me as "Ms. Rough."

I meet many newlywed couples every week, as a wedding emcee.
Many of them say, their wedding receptions will be the best moment of their lives.
However, inside my mind, I talk with them.
"Wedding reception is not the best moment of your lives. It's just a start of your best moments.
You might not be "perfectly" happy, but the more you spend time together, the more you like each other. Even when you can't get along together, it's great to have a partner."

Yes, the more you spend time together, like my hubby and me...oh? My hubby is not here, at home with me, on our 10th marriage anniversary!
He needs to work overnight, so he will stay a hotel nearby his office tonight!
But it's cool for me. Not because I'm sweet, but because I'm strategic.
We'll celebrate our 10th marriage anniversary year in Hawaii, during Golden Week!
Yeah!!

6 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

Happy 10th anniversary, Keiko san!
We're going to cerebrate 10th this month, too!

レイナ said...

10周年おめでとうヽ(^o^)丿!!
だんなさんとの10年が、今のお仕事にも生かされてるんだね。きっとkeikoの言葉は新婚さんたちの心にずっと残ると思う!

keiko said...

Happy 10th anniversary, Junko!

keiko said...

レイナ、ありがと(^-^)
確かに、「結婚っていいもんだよー♪」と思いながら仕事してるけど、独身だったり、つらい離婚を経験してもココロのこもったブライダル司会者さんっていっぱいいるんだよね!
その方たちの方がすごいと思うわ。。

Anonymous said...

ケイコさん、こんにちは!
ご結婚10周年おめでとうございます^O^読んでいてジンとしました(涙)とても素敵なご関係ですね。
わたしは今春4年目になります。まだまだスイートテンには遠いですが、ケイコさんご夫婦のように10年後思えていたらいいなぁ☆
ハワイ楽しみですね^^

miki

keiko said...

ミキちゃん、ありがとう(^-^)
ミキちゃんたちの方がずっとラブラブだよー(*^_^*)
私もミキちゃんにメールしようと思ってたんだ! TOEIC目標点突破、おめでとう!
英語以外にもいろいろ資格とってるのに、すごいよ!
帰国してからの就職活動が楽しみだね(^v^)