Friday, March 04, 2011

Photogenic?

One of necessaries for MCs is commercial photos. I published one at my MC office's website, but the president said, "This photo doesn't show your goodness. You should have another shooting." When I showed another photo to another MC office's president, she also said to me, "usually, photos are better. But in your case, you look 100times better than this photo. You should have another shooting!"

I know I'm not a photogenic, even though my hubby insists "you look much better in photos actually...am I saying something wrong?" In old commercial photos, my smile was awkward, my hair was not perfect, my makeup...was OK, but people can notice my age spots or wrinkles when they see them in a bigger size.

I needed to have fresh photos for a new bilingual emcee casting site, so I contacted a different photo studio not only to take my photos, but also to apply my makeup and hair-do.
The photo studio is run by a hair makeup artist who did lots of work with celebrities...so, I expected "to look better than myself."

The one who applied on my make-up was the daughter of the make-up artist.
She looked definitely younger than me, but maybe because of her professional tendency? She spoke to me like a friend. That made me comfortable, even I tend to be very nervous on shootings.

After our pleasant talks, I looked a mirror...Then, I was almost screaming to look at my "after professional make-up for photos" face. My skin was too thick by foundation, my eyes were too big by using fake eyelashes. She widen my width between double-edged eyelids, so I was like a character from a Japanese girls comic book. I had to teach my sixth grader boys after the shooting, so it was obvious how they react if they saw this face. They absolutely would make fun of me, giving me a new nickname like a Rockie horror show's character or something...
But the make-up artist said, "It's the best make-up for a shooting!"

After the photos were developed, I realized she was right. I looked like a beautiful young MC.
Because all the time the young make-up artist girl tried to make me laugh, my smile didn't look awkward at all.

After I got home, I showed my hubby those photos, proudly.
He raised his hand immediately, and said... ""We got a situation! You're not the girl whom I asked for a job on the Website. Who are you?" I guess your clients would say so if they look these photos! They are far better than real you!!"
...Oh, really? From a professional view, it might be a problem. But from one girl's view, I'm happy if I'm beautiful even just in a photo!

I brought those photos to my MC office, and asked the president to change my old photos on the Website, believing better photos are better.
But she said almost the same thing as my hubby.
"Ah.... they had you got so many lights here! You look like you're in your 20's. ...Gee, how can I say... You look cute in these photos, but if the gap between the photo and you in person is big, it might not be very good, so...I'm satisfied with your old photos."

What! You said "You look better than your photo," so I took another pictures, but now you say,"You look better in a photo, and it's not good!??"
But she's right. There are many MCs whose photos are great, and make people disappointed when they see the MCs in person....

But "just a girl" inside me, chose the "too good to be true" photo for my private cards.
...I don't care ven if people are disappointed!!!

No comments: