Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Crisis of aging society

...I want to write about silly stories among my kid students and me, but maybe I should work on this topic. I started to take a castigation class of English essays...this is the first assignment.

Will societies with aging populations face a crisis in the future?

Because of the increasing ratio of aging population, I think Japan is going to confront difficult matters. I would like to raise three issues as follows.


First, we should boost the number of birth rate. The reasons of not having a child are various. The educational expenses should be lower, working mothers need supports from employers and communities, and couples who want to have sterility treatment should be able to take it more comfortably with governmental support.

Secondly, the necessity of getting financial resource of social security expense will be more serious. In my opinion, the most possible resource is consumption tax. I think it is acceptable to raise consumption rate to compensate the social security expense because those money are for all people. To provide security especially for aging people, we need to get the financial resource promptly.

On the other hand, thirdly, senior citizens have to care about their health more. I heard the Japanese medical expense for senior citizens is much higher than other countries even though Japan has the longest life expectancy. Having the sense of health management will be indispensable in an aging society, like Japan.

The crisis about increasing aging population is predictable. To avoid this, we should take actions as soon as possible.

No comments: