Friday, May 08, 2009

Circle

I had been looking forward to having today.
May 8, 2009... It is the day I can meet Sally, my former tutor & my perfect role model!

Her youngest son is married to a Japanese woman. He lives in Yokohama, so Sally and her husband visit Japan every other year. Every other year? I think she visits Japan often more... Anyway, I admire her! It takes 14 hours by air plane from Chicago to Japan!

Me, and other Sally's former students went to Yokohama to have lunch with Sally.
Amazingly, Sally brought her husband, son, and daughter-in-law.
Yes, amazingly to us...but maybe it's natural for them because whenever I met Sally, it was common that her family members joined us.

We made a circle surrounding Sally. We had a great time, talking and tasting delicious food...
I felt VERY thankful to her. It's wonderful I can meet my role model even she lives in America! Right? While I was enjoying talking, I just supposed the friendship is like "a circle." Rounding and rounding...we meet sometimes, not often, but we know we can "see you" again. It never stopped as long as we respect each other.

...When we did farewell, Sally smiled to us.
"Please come to America! It takes "just" 14 hours!"
...I pay a great esteem for her...

No comments: