Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mahalo! Maui☆

Sometimes I bring various places I've traveled before to my mind. Yes, I am lucky that I've been to many countries in the world. Traveling is always to become precious memories. However, this time..."the travel to Maui" was so special.

I came back to Japan yesterday from there. I haven't put pictures on my blog for awhile... But today, I'm very excited to do that !


Why Maui is so special? I think it's because there is great nature, in the small island in Hawaii. It is surrounded by amazingly beautiful sea. But if you look the other side, you would take your breath to see the glorious mountains. Uh, I should explain the pictures!

The first three pictures are from our( I mean, of course my hubby and I!) room at the hotel we stayed. The first one is afternoon, the second one is sunrise time, and the third is sunset time. We stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa http://www.westinmaui.comps=ps_aa_ssp_hawaii_
the_westin_maui_pop_/060107_nad_fm/

I'm afraid the left picture is not bright enough...but in the hotel, even a part of the lobby was "great nature." There was (a kind of ) lake, and...can you see flamingos over the lake? There are some interestingly beautiful birds, too.

The blue bird on the right picture was the one I found in the parking of the Wilea shopping mall. But the red one & yellow birds lived actually in the lake in Westin Maui!

I also like the Hawaii's relaxed atmosphere. In Maui, even airport's lavatory's sign girl has a lei!


Surely we got many chances to see the "real" fula dance shows. Almost every night, fula dance shows (like the right picture) were being held while we were staying... At the shopping mall, restaurants, etc, etc.


Oh, the left picture was dolls I found at a souvenir shop. I was impressed that even Santa Claus (and his wife?) wore Aloha shirts in Hawaii!!


Mostly we were just chilling out on the beach in Maui. I can show you our favorite beach... Here is Oneloa Beach!

In the picture, the sea looks calm? But actually, the wave was so high in the beach! There were many merry surfers there. We could see them be taken away by the wave!!
(Of course they came back! They were enjoying!!)

We enjoyed characteristic scenery at the Maui Tropical Plantation (the left picture) even though it was unexpectedly secluded place.


However, the most mind-blowing scenery was...from the top of the Haleakala National Park. Can you figure it out? We could drive to the top of the volcano, so we were completely "above the cloud." Mt.Fuji's altitude is 3,776m. The Haleakala's one is about 3,000m. Mt. Fuji is higher, but at the Haleakala, we can get the top wearing flip flops!!

We saw the craters. Exactly there, some SF movies' shootings were held... Even we swam at the beach with hot weather the day before, we could be blown by the strong wind at the top of high volcano!

Golfing is another attractive activity in Maui. I haven't played golf since I came back to Japan, but I felt so happy to play it in Maui!

I hope you can see a white flag in the right picture... The course we played was Kapalua Golf Club, Plantation Course. http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=265145

The course is known for a prestigious PG course with spectacular scenery. It has unique up-down hills and be surrounded by beautiful sea...

Also, the plantation course is famous for the difficulties for players. The right picture was the notorious? 7th hole. I took the picture at the ladies' tee place. The dark forest in front of the grass was actually, the deep valley. To get to the green, I had to hit the ball over 150 yards. Did I make it? Of course not! My longest distance by a driver is 100 yards.
But my hubby did make it!
I just wrote my memories at the Golden week Maui trip. I hope you enjoyed pictures!
I was back to my regular life. My blog will be back to be a "boring" blog, too...
Forgive me!& if you live in Japan, enjoy your rest of holidays☆

No comments: