Saturday, May 23, 2009

How to choose your career

I really don't want to take the EIKEN... I hate writing an essay!!!!

Topc: factors to consider when choosing a career


Although we have to make choices everyday in our lives, choosing a career is one of the most important decisions. I would like to discuss how we should figure out the answers.

Basically, I believe we can choose our careers based on our personal values. Earning a higher salary, fulfilling job satisfaction, keeping regular hours, and getting social status… There is no job that meets every standard, so you have to clear which is the most important to you. In my case, I have valued the following two aspects.

First, earning potentials. I teach English at an English conversation school. I have received many rewarding trainings from the school. I have to study hard to meet their requirements, and I am grateful to do so because that makes my English improved.

Second, job satisfaction. I had worked for the government just after I graduated college. I had a stable salary, but I had never been satisfied with my job because it seemed like anybody could be my replacement. However, since I became a teacher, some students have said to me I am irreplaceable for them. That makes me very happy.

Some people have said, “to work is to live.” I think it is very important to recognize what is a criterion for choosing a career to fulfill the life.

No comments: