Sunday, May 09, 2010

Cartoon's Power

As I wrote in the article, "Cradle to Grave," I had been in a trouble with handling three-year-old kid class because they missed their moms so much.
Then, I decided. I decided to ask help. To...him. He is loved by all kids so much, he is a great hero, and probably all Japanese kids follow what he says.
His name is...Anpanman!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anpanman
I knew I'm all thumbs, but I made the Anpanman's doll in the photo.
At that time, I had to teach "Stand up! Sit down! Run! Walk!!" So, I used pins which divided into two at the end, to fix papers at the back. These pins were called "Wari-pin(divided pins)" in Japanese. Look at the photo! All joints of his body has gold pins! Therefore, I can move his body like the photo in the right!!
My strategy went on very well.
The kids didn't listen to me, but they listened to what Anpanman said. I was like a puppet master. When he appeared in front of the babies, they were very excited. Behind the hero (Anpanman,) making Anpanman's animated voice, I (Anpanman, they believed...)said, "Hi, kids! I'm Anpanman! I was looking forward to having fun with you in English! Come to the classroom with me!"
Then, they followed him, without missing their mothers!
The class was conducted very smoothly.
When they left the school, Anpanman (I) said, "Bye, kids!! See you next week!!"
Then, my kid students said, "Bye, Anpanman! Anpanman, see you!!"
They waved their hands, not to me, but to Anpanman...
If they listened to me, I would become anyone else even the notorious new villain, Zebra Queen!!

No comments: