Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PRIVATE; No Entry!

It was around 10:00 at night, on a train.
I was on the way from work, standing, and reading English newspaper.
Then, I noticed the young guy who was standing diagonally to me, was talking on the phone.

"Yeah...but it doesn't mean I don't care you. Why don't you say so?"
He was obviously arguing with his girlfriend.
Why is he talking on the phone in a train? I frowned, but then, his next words ignited my curiosity.
"Giving the birth or not is your decision...I am trying to do what I can do for you right now...Why don't you understand me?"
WHAT!? The guy looked a college student. He seemed in his very early twenties or perhaps teenager. But, is his girlfriend pregnant!???

I was reading an article about the difference between the reality and the academy-awarded movie, The Hurt Locker. However, I couldn't concentrate on the article anymore...because the young guy in front of me, was treating a bomb-in-his life!!

I'm sure people around me also thought the same thing.
A business man who was next to me was reading physics or science papers, but he looked lose his concentration, too. He read about gravity or something, but the college student (maybe) was losing his gravity right now!!
The troubled young guy was speaking with very small voice, so we strained our ears for his voice...

"I always care about you... At that time, you were one week or two week (pregnant!) That's why you were unstable... And I did what I believed it was right... Both of us care each other, but we didn't just connect at that time, that's it. Right? "
Even though there were a lot of people going home, we became so quiet. Therefore, we could hear girl's talking something from the phone!
He answered, "What? Are you still complaining that? It was over! Nothing helps you if you keep complaining that... OK?"

What happened? How is he going to make it up with her??
We (at least, I,) became restless, but the young guy got off the train, still talking...

The guy's private talking on the public reminded me of my hubby's story.
It was almost two years ago, just after we came back from Japan.
He was also on a train. It was in the morning. There were so many people commuting, so the train was full. My hubby was stuck with a middle-aged guy's back. The middle-aged guy was writing a text message. Since the train was so full, my hubby was so close to the guy that he could read his text message!
The message said, "I love you, Miyuki! We had a great time last night... I'm sorry I couldn't be with you all the night! My wife has been really harsh recently... I can't wait to see you tomorrow! See you. Have a nice day!"
Then, soon he got a response from Miyuki. She wrote almost the same thing as him (except for the wife thing.) I do him the honor of sayng, my hubby didn't want to read his private text messages. He just couldn't turn away his face from the guy's phone because the train was so full!!

After the guy finished reading her message, the phone monitor changed to the screen. My hubby was astonished...because the screen was her photo (he could see it was Miyuki, his mistress..,)
wearing nothing!!
The middle-aged, half-bald guy, petting her photo, dearly...

"I was almost THROWING UP!! What's going on people in Tokyo!? It was a PUBLIC space!! Not even "walls have ears," I AM A PERSON!!!"

Yes, exactly... Same as the young guy I met last night, some people living in a big country are so careless about revealing their private lives. They believe people don't know them.
That might be true, but it was very risky!

However, last night, it was true that passengers (including me) around the young guy felt like they became a part of his drama. Good luck to him!

No comments: