Sunday, May 16, 2010

Greenery Days

People wonder which one they should live (or buy), a house or a condo...but I, who have lived both, think both of them have the pro and cons. I mean, totally different!!

Let's focus on the pros today.
Living in a house;
・Having your own land.
・Having the variety of house plans.
・Usually, there are less restrictions...for example, in a condo, basically, you can't have a class in your room or you can't smoke, but you can do anything in your house if your family allows!
・Your parking would be closer to you! Our condo is HUGE, so it takes time to get to our parking space!!
・You don't have to pay service charge or repair savings for a condo.

Living in a condo;
・Nicer seanery if you live in a upper floor. We enjoy seeing Mt.Fuji every day!
・Usually, the proximity to the stations is better than houses in big cities.
・Having various facilities. Our condo has a theater room, a study room, guest rooms like hotel rooms, party rooms, a Japanese tea ceremony room, a sports gym, etc, etc...you can't have so many facilities in your house unless you are quite rich!!
・Nice community, and you can chose to join it or not. If you want to get involve in the condo's community, you can. Even if you don't want to, there are so many other people, so you don't have to! I belong to a French study circle, and I enjoy the activity & socializing people there.
・Better security. Guard men look around a condo all the time, so you feel safer.

Also, another advantage of living in a condo, which I feel the best in this season is...
having huge green space & having people who can take care of!!
Now, it's the season of fresh green. Because our condo's nickname is "greenery mansion," whenever I'm around my condo, I can enjoy seeing various trees & beautiful flowers.
Then, I feel very grateful...for professional people who take care of it. I don't have a green thumb at all. I would say, "I have a gray thumb" cause I tend to kill plants easily. I try to take care of them well, but maybe, I'm a too indulgent mommy? ( I mean, I water them too much??)
My green plants become gray soon, even though it's cactus...

We pay for the service, that's why "green-thumb" professional people take care of our green very well. I know that, but if I live in a house & take care of our garden by myself...it would be an awful garden!!!

I'm not a "girl scout type" girl since I was a kid, so I don't stay outside for a long time usually...
But now, once I step out of my home, I inhale deeply, and feel the green's energy.
Even though I live in a big city...I can be with nature. Frankly speaking, my area is actually "nature area" even it's in Tokyo!! Not only my condo!!

No comments: