Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ghost Whisperer

Every Friday night, I can't help weeping...
Why? Because I watch "Ghost Whisperer!" http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ghost_whisperer/about/

Ghost Whisperer is an American supernatural TV drama. The main character, Melinda, is a young beautiful woman who owns an antique shop. She might look like you, but she is special...she can see spirits! She can talk with ghosts!!

Every ghost wants to tell something to people alive, that's why they are still roaming in this world. Melinda thinks it's her mission to listen to them, and tell their words to people who are related to the ghosts. Doesn't sound scary? But, just imagine! If your loving person (your boyfriend, your husband, your mother, etc...) died accidentally, don't you think s/he would have something to tell you? Don't you think you would like to hear that?

Sometimes people talks Melinda is crazy, but she is strong enough to go on her mission.
She is always brave, generous, and has a great sense of humor! I'm always impressed by her determination, and I'm also impressed by...how her husband, Jim, is a nice guy!
Not only handsome, he loves Melinda so much that he supports her "ghost" mission.
He is a heavyset paramedic. So, he can help her physically & psychologically!

If you watch the show, you may understand what I'm talking about...
First, the ghosts are really scary. But as the story is going on, I get to know the ghost's life. Then, I start to kind of sympathize them.

Last night, ( it was episode 4 of the season 4? by FOX channel of Sky perfect TV,) the main ghost was a vindictive young woman. She wanted to revenge her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her when she was alive. But it turned out he didn't cheat on her, and still loved her for a long time.
Sounds cheesy? Yeah, maybe...but, like me, many people have been impressed by the drama, that's why the drama has been aired "season 4!"

I've been totally behind American TV shows since I came back to Japan, because there is a "time lag" when it comes to watch American shows in Japan.
However, still, I enjoy watching them...Right now, what I watch on (mainly) Sky perfect TV channels are (besides Ghost Whisperer 4,) Glee, http://www.fox.com/glee/ Desperate Housewives 4, http://abc.go.com/shows/desperate-housewives and...oh, it's a "reality" TV show, American Idol! http://www.americanidol.com/

...Oh. That's it? Just few!! I should watch more!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

hey , you are right about ghost whispere it is an amazing series. the drama in it is great and the idea that she saves the dead and her husband saves the alive is amazing, so ironic. btw i am new to bloggers nd wish that u could visit my blog nd give me ur comment about it.
http://dreams-steph.blogspot.com