Sunday, May 09, 2010

Motherly Love

Believe it or not, I have FOUR mothers.
1. My biological mother.
2. My mother-in-law.
3. My aunt, Kyoko. She is my mother's younger sister.
4. My aunt, Masayo. She is a wife of my uncle.
Of course I owe so much to my mother and mother-in-law, and I really respect them.
Today, it's Mother's Day. It's a great opportunity to show my appreciation to them...
But I need to show my thankfulness to two aunts as well.

Kyoko is single and very close to my mother, so she treats me as if I'm her own daughter.
When I was a kid, my mother said to me, "I raise you, but do you want to know the truth? Kyoko gave the birth to you. If you consider how she loves you, you understand the truth!"
She was joking, but actually I believed that;)
She was a successful dietitian & very fashionable person... I would say, the half clothes in my closet was bought by her. She loved shopping with me!

I remember when Masayo got married to my uncle. She was a very beautiful bride, and I was very proud of my uncle. They didn't conceive a child, so Masayo also treated me like her kid.
Not only me, but also my brother and my cousins! Therefore, whenever we got married to someone, we brought our partners to Masayo's house. Now, whenever my hubby and I visit Sapporo, Masayo holds a welcome party to us.

I am very grateful to have great mothers and aunts who show their motherly love to me.
However, when it comes to "motherly love," I realized I've felt that not only from my relatives.
From my friends, my co-workers, the members of the Toastmasters...
Maybe, many women have the talent of presenting their motherly love. I really respect those who can do, and I would like to be one of them someday.

No comments: