Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sashimi Boat

Last Saturday, my hubby and I intended to spend our time in town. However, when we were shopping in the Tippecanoe Mall (the biggest shopping mall in Lafayette,) he said. "Let's go to the Sashimi Boat!" The Sashimi Boat is a name on the menu of Ocean World, which is a Japanese restaurant in Indianapolis. Actually, we think this is the best Japanese restaurant we have ever had in the U.S. We almost always go out to eat at Japanese restaurants on trips and once every two weeks. Then, we have figured out the best Japanese restaurant is Ocean World because their Sushi and Sashimi are the freshest, biggest, and most delicious!! However...
"Indianapolis!? From now on? Seriously?? It takes one hour from here, and it's already 5:00 pm!" I was surprised, but my hubby already started to drive toward a highway.
It's all right, I know! Sometimes he seems to BE ADDICTED TO the Sashimi Boat at Ocean World. I understand because I also LOVE it!

After one hour of driving, we arrived at Ocean World in Indianapolis. Of course we ordered the Sashimi Boat as usual. Look at the picture! Sweet shrimp, tuna, young yellowtail, octopus, sea bass, bonito, salmon, squid, etc... This is "for two" version. If you order "for three" or "for four," you can get more! Of course you have to PAY more... Can you guess how much is it? This "for two" version is $60. It accompanies two bowls of rice and salads or miso soups. I don't think it's expensive if I consider the quality and the quantity! Because we looked so excited, a manager came close to us. I asked him, " Why are your Sashimis always so fresh?"
He smiled. " Because we import fresh fish every other day from Japan and Chicago!" Every other day!? That's why they are so fresh... If you happen to come to Indianapolis, I recommend you to go to Ocean World! The address is: 1206 W. 86th Rd. Indianapolis The phone number: 317-848-8901

Oh, I almost forgot! Before we went to Ocean World, we stopped by the SAKURA Mart. This is a Japanese food shop. If you live in Japan, the second picture is not so interesting. But for us, this shop is really exciting place!! At this time, we were STARVING. So, we wanted to buy everything... It's not good to go to a food shop when we are very hungry!! However, I tried just to enjoy seeing them, and got " Yakisoba" and "Ramen." Of course they are not instant food♪

After we were satisfied with the Sashimi Boat, we went to our favorite organic food shop, the "Trader Joes." What? Again, a food shop? Yeah, I think we did like an "intense food tour in Indianapolis" on Saturday. The Trader Joe's is an interesting shop! Many imported foods from Europe, their original foods, and sweets... Today, I bought the Chocolate Chip Scones, the Almond Croissants(They are really good!!), the Swiss Milk Chocolate with 30% whole Hazelnuts, and the Japanese Style Curry Pasta(What's this!?)

While we were going back to Lafayette, we saw unusual scenery. Take a look at the last picture! Ii was 8:00pm, the twilight time. It looks like that red and yellow light are spreading from the horizon. It may look like aurora! Wow, it's interesting!
After I took this picture, I fell asleep... Sorry, the driver! It is natural to feel sleep after we eat TOO MUCH!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Keiko,
I finally checked your blog. I love it! And of course, I love Trader Joe's. This is a wonderful opportunity to practice English. What a devoted learner you are! My husband has looked at your blog too and was surprised to see the sunset picture. He took the exact same picture with his cell phone. See you soon!
Rachel

keiko said...

Hi, Rachel! Thank you!
Yeah, this is great practice for my English! Considering grammar, spelling, and structure of a sentense and an entire writing... It takes so LONG time for me to complete each writing, but I want to keeping an English journal!
Your husband took the same picture!? What a coincidence!
It was beautiful sunset, wasn't it?
I always love taking your class, and I'm looking foward to seeing you next week! Bye!!