Thursday, April 22, 2010

Relief & Trace

...This is a continuous story of the last article.

Last week, I was EXHAUSTED because two of my classes for "three year old kids" were such a mess.
The thing made me tired the most was the situation, "they seemed to hate me."
I know they like me basically. They used to smile to me a lot, and answered my question enthusiastically. But since we started to have English lessons without their moms, they cried when they saw me, saying, "I prefer MOM! Not you!!"
...They don't hate me, but they LOVE their moms much more than me! Of course!!

However, this week, things have been changing a little bit.
While I was teaching Mizuki, one of the babies, I found out how I could comfort her.
She stopped crying when I held her, standing up. Singing songs made her comfortable more.
After the class, when I took her to the lobby, her mother hadn't come back.
But, because I held her in my arms & kept talking to her, she didn't cry.

How to make the kids comfortable is completely "depends on" the kid.
Therefore, I need to "customize" each of their classes.
I was relieved that Mizuki stopped crying in my class, but today, I found out I have a muscular pain on my arms...because I kept holding her for 50 minutes! That was a "trace" of my hard working!???

This coming weekend, I'll make a hand-made doll not to make the babies bored, and teach "stand up!" and "sit down."
...When did I become a baby-sitter? I thought I became an English teacher!!

1 comment:

Karthi said...

kids love their moms than anyothers