Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Girl's Night!!


Last weekend, my hubbly went to Chicago to watch the PGA (Professional Golfers Association) tour with his colleagues. He was AWAY from our home. So...My friend & I had planned a "Girl's Night Party!!" It had to be a DRINKING party! When I go to parties in American homes, usually they don't have alcohol. I don't know why. For religious reason? Maybe, they are thinking about the drivers? We should drive to go to their houses here. Anyway, In the case of last weekend, my friends could stay at my home if they got drunk!

I cleaned rooms, prepared the food, chilled drinks, and set the table. Buzz!!!
Seven girls came to my home♪  They were from Korea, China,Taiwan, Venezuela..
We made TOASTS in each nationality's language. Then we ate, drank wine or champagne, talked, laughed... We played "Cathy's card" game. Each one took turns to draw the card, and one should answer a question! The questions were; When was your first kiss? Was he a good kisser? How many EX-boyfriends have you had? Do you think a divorce is sometimes necessary? and so on... (Some questions came from "free question cards.")
That was FUN!!! You know, the advantage of "living in a HOUSE" is definitely this!! We can talk, laugh, or sing loudly (not VERY loudly)without annoying the neighbors!! (I hope we didn't...)

Whenever I meet new friends(especially, international friends), I just wonder what a beautiful coincidence this is! If I hadn't come to this town in the United States, and also if she hadn't come here, we would have never met each other. We may have stayed in our home countries. In this case, we were not supporsed to meet, and become friends!!
We have busy daily lives here. However, I want to try to find the time hung out with my friends more as much as possible, because we are here, in the same place, at the same time by a beautiful coincidence.
Additionally, what makes us CONNECTED? ENGLISH!! If we can't speak English, we would never understand those DEEP questions & answers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really had fun at that time! It was so exciting party. We talked a lot and had interesting dishes from each country. Cathy's card game was also very frun. And you know, actually I wanted to sleep in your place. Hahaha~
Someday, we can meet together again!!

Anonymous said...

Kate,thank you!!

That party was for you!! You know the reason♪ We can do it again!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Keiko, Today I received a email from Makiko asking me to take a look at her blog. I did, but I couldn't let a comment 'cause I don't have idea about Japanese. Well the thing was that it recall me to come here and read your blog again. You've done a lot since last time!!. The party's girl was wonderful, but I think our friends need more training drinking jejejej...thank you

keiko said...

Hello, Virginia!
I read your comment at Makiko's blog. It's very nice of you to give comments to both of us♪
Yeah, I can't drink much alcohol.
YOU CAN! Please TRAIN me!!