Thursday, August 24, 2006

See you, Xiaowei!!


Last weekend, one of my BEST friends left Lafayette. Her name is Xiaowei, who is from Beijing, China. When I met her in the Purdue ESOL school at the first time, I was impressed by her delicate figure and beautiful small voice. I thought she was a very quiet girl. However, gradually I knew she was a determined, assertive, and humorous girl.

About a half year later since we became friends, she was accepted by the Purdue University as a graduate student of the Masters of Business Asiministration.
Yes, she is smart, and a hard worker! But also, she is an easy-going person. That's why we have been compatible. We visited each other's homes, had lunch at restaurants, had tea at cafes, cooked together, went to movies & concerts...
After she became a graduate student, we couldn't often meet because she had so intense schedule. However, when we met, we just forgot time! She loved to learn some tips of applying make up from me. Sometimes we "searched" about that from Japanese magazines.

When we went to the Kelly Clarkson's concert, she said,"Keiko, why don't we go on a trip to Japan and China together someday? We can guide each other. It must be fun!!" In the noisy concert hall, I shouted, "That would be fabulous!!"

When she was in Germany as an exchange student of Purdue, she sent an e-mail to me. "Keiko, I had a dream last night. You and I were traveling in China and Japan! It was soooo realistic!! I think it will become reality!!"

The day befofe she left the town, we had lunch, and chatted in my home as usual.
She gave me a chocolate fondue maker. I gave her a Japanese hair accessory and a Japanese kitchen tool. After I gave her a ride to her home, we didn't say "good-bye." We said just "see you!" because we know we are going to cry if we said something more. She went to N.Y. next day. When will we meet again? We don't know yet. Where can we meet? Maybe in the U.S, or could be in China, or Japan..
But we will meet again, Xiaowei! As you said, "The dream will be real!!"

No comments: