Tuesday, August 22, 2006

There she comes!


"Hello, Keiko!!" It's been one year since I saw this BIG SMILE the last time!!
Krista (In the photo, the second one from me)came back to West Lafayette last Friday! She was my teacher in the American Culture class at ESOL, in the 2004 Spring semester. She was a very friendly, funny, and nice girl! Also, she was the YOUNGEST English teacher I had ever had at that time! Her age is almost the same as mine. So, we have been keeping a good relationship!
About one year ago, she invited me & other classmates to her wedding ceremony and reception. Just before that, she and her husband, Chistian(a German guy) moved to L.A, and recently, they moved to Denver! She is working on her PhD in Linguistics at Purdue, so she came here to meet her professor last Friday! That's why this wonderful reunion happened♪

   Krista, Xiaowei, Annette (The facilitator & teacher at Purdue ESOL), and I got together at Purdue ESOL. We talked, laughed, and had lunch at our favorite Thai food restaurant. She always has "a happy aura" because of her loving husband! She has always talked about him! What he said, how he acted, what kinds of reactions he had...etc. She spoke hurriedly (she is originally a "fast speaker, I think) by using many jokes.. She made us laugh, and also happy!
I love "happy couples" like Krista & Christian! That is one of the reasons why I love my wedding job☆   

   Two hours later, we said "good-bye." It was a great reunion. I am glad she is still very happy and fine! But what I was most glad about was... I DID UNDERSTAND what she was talking about!! Sorry Krista, while I was your student, I asked "TONS of questions", and you answered all of them with sincerity & enthusiasm. But I could understand what you were saying just...maybe, 50% or less!? My English listneng was not good (even though now, not "so" good yet), so I couldn't catch up with your speed!! However, don't worry Krista! Today, I UNDERSTOOD your conversation!
But not "everything"... maybe, 90%...or less!???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You met Krista! I wish I could be there.

As I told you before, Christian and my husband
were lab mates and Krista often visited the lab
because her research was part of Computer Science.

One time we had a party at the professor's home.
Then I noticed that Krista & Christian were flirting
each other. There was definitely something going on between them. I asked my husband that
if they were an item but he didn't know.
It was so obvious!! How come he never noticed??

Soon after the party, everybody got to know
they were dating......

I am happy to hear that they are happy.
Thanks, Keiko!!

Anonymous said...

Zunko-chan,

Sorry! I should have told you about this! I just forgot you are one of Krista's friend!
By the way, I didn't know the idiom which you used "be an item."
I learned from you, thanks♪