Sunday, August 13, 2006

My dreams


I have two dreams. One is being a "bilingual(Japanese & English)"wedding emcee. The other is being a teacher in a TOEIC vocational school.

I was a wedding emcee in Japan. A wedding emcee is.. like a combination job of a wedding planner and a D.J. Sometimes I planned wedding events, proceeded to whole events, and performed as an announcer. In other words, I was a "mistress of wedding ceremonies and parties." I loved this job because I could meet many "people in the center of happiness!!" They were really energetic and full of dreams. I was totally happy to support them! Now, I live in the United States, and have been studying English. I want to be involved in many "kinds of" weddings, like international weddings, American weddings...I'd like to meet a lot of brides and grooms all over the world by using English!!

Being a teacher in a TOEIC vocational school is the biggest dream to me. My Engish has not been so strong so far..but I'd like to "teach" something (hopefully, English) to people who are in their late 20s or 30s..the same as my generation. Most of them are experienced, polite and friendly enough to communicate with, but they are still young enough to have dreams in the future. One of the reasons why I love the wedding job is to meet such people in my generation. I assume people who want to study for TOEIC English are in their late 20s or 30s. I know how hard it is to improve English during adulthood. Since I came here, I have been frustrated with my English. Therefore, I want to help "adults"(especially, business people) who want to improve their English. English has many areas, so I need to focus on one area to be "a professional. "

I am not so smart, and not so good at time managiment. However, I have been working toward the two dreams (hopefully) everyday. Of course I enjoy my American life, too! I started this blog to improve my English skills, and let my friends who live all over the world know what's going on in my life. I would be happy if you leave a comment on my blog. Nice to meet you on the Web!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keiko,
You have nice blog!
I love to see you here on-line and hope you can upload many pictures of you!
I didn't know that you wanted to be a TOEIC teacher. Anyway, dreams will come true!
Kate

P.S. I like background design and color in your blog.

keiko said...

Thank you for your message, Kate!
I like this design,too, thanks♪

Anonymous said...

You’ve done a great job here! It’s very cute and sincere as you are. I’d like to see more pictures of you and where you are.

Good Luck Dreamboat!

Virginia

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Virginia! See you on Saturday♪

Anonymous said...

Hello Keiko,
You've made a very beautiful blog!

I was also inspired by reading what you've been doing to make your dream come true.
Hope to see you soon
Thanks,

Fumiko

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Fumiko! Making a blog is very easy, so I can tell you the next time☆  I recommend you to keep a dialy in English (even though your English is already beautiful)because it is very helpful to improve our English! The problem is that I take much time to write those.. Wish me luck to continue to keep it!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!It's been a while.
素敵なブログ、拝見しました。
私の英語の勉強になりそうな気配です。
どんどん、更新して欲しいです。
私も沢山、コメントします。英語で出来るようになるまで…(笑)

Anonymous said...

Dear Keiko, it is great to hear from you. I love your life expectancies for the future and also your blog, you´ve made a very good job, the desing is brilliant. My life in Spain now is quite good, I had been on holidays for two weeks in the north of Spain and concerning my job I am working for General Motors Company in Aftersales Department giving service to the most important customers in Spain. For the moment we cannot go back to Lafayette but we are planning to go back in the future (in one or two years) to stay there for longer than last time. Hope to see you all soon.
I will visit your blog often.

Many kisses
Best regards

Elena Barbacil

Anonymous said...

kunie-san,

メッセージありがとう! いつか、邦江さんのこともここで書くつもりですよ!
お楽しみに♪

Anonymous said...

Elena,I'm very glad to hear from you!! Actually, I expected you would give me a message because you were so friendly and kind girl!! Working at a BIG companiy for important clients sounds PERFECT to you!! I wish good lick to you and Rawl! I will stay here for one-two more year, so I hope you will visit Lafayette during the time!or I hope I can go to Spain someday♪ Anyway, thank you sooo much! Say hello to Rawl!!

Anonymous said...

恵ちゃん、お久しぶり!
素敵なブログだね。
相変わらず充実した生活を送っているようで
さすがです!
私も英語でコメントできるようになりたいなー・・・。
では、またのぞかせてもらうね。

Anonymous said...

桂子ちゃん、久しぶり! 
コメントありがとう♪ すでに”ためブログ”しちゃってるけど、続けれらるように頑張りまーす! また桂子ちゃんの近況もきかせてね♪