Monday, August 14, 2006

Golf Range


I went to a golf range today. Can you see two kids behid me? They were adorable!! Is there something weird in my picture, golf lovers? Yes, I use a tee when I shot with an iron... I am a golf beginner!! I played golf at a course last week, and it's been TWO years since the last time I did! Actually, it's been ONE year since I went to a golf range. Hahaha! I LOVE watching sports, but I don't like doing it so much. Anyway, I changed my mind toward golf, so now I will practice it once a week! Lafayette(the city I live in)has great places to play golf!!

I learned several tips from my hubby, as follows:
1.Don't lean backward after you shot. Push from your toes, not your heels!
2.Make your right arm relaxed. Assume that you shoot with just your left arm.
3.Before you shoot, make a "straight" line with your arm and club. Don't bring them near your back.
4. Look at the ball when you hit it! (It's a veeery basic thing, but it's difficult!)

If you don't play golf, you have no idea what I am talking about...
Anyway, my ideal score is 130 . Last week? I made a 98 score.
But it was a 9 hole course! I have a long way to go to"make it!" ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Koiko!
I'm Grace. I think you are still having great time in Lafayette. These days, my husband and I also try to play golf once a week. My husband and I are just beginners, too. We were not so interested in playing golf before, but theses days we try to do for excercise. Besides, my father-in-law gave us golf lessons a little bit while he visited my house this summer, so we try to practice while we remember how to do. I will try to do as your tips next time. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Grace!
Yeah, America has great places to play golf!! Actually, I have already postponed to practice golf in this week...Hahaha! But I will go to a golf range on Thursday or Friday! Have fun in Washington!!