Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Beauty Stylist

I went to a beauty saloon in Kichijyoji today.
Just after I got married & moved to Tokyo from Sapporo, I started to go to "the" beauty saloon. And I have appointed the "same" stylist, Sakai san. So...when I met him first time, it was...seven years ago!

Of course I couldn't go to the saloon while I was living in the U.S. However, whenever I visited Tokyo, I had him cut my hair. I have socialized with some girls who worked the saloon since I started to go there, so it was natural for me to choose the same beauty saloon.

Since I was a (very) young girl, I have admired beauty stylists. I believe skillful beauty stylists have also good communication skills. Actually, I remember my "successive" beauty stylists' names because I talked with them a lot!
You know, girls spend much time, like three hours, at a beauty saloon and I go there once a month or two months.
Sometimes I can't even meet with my closest friends once a month when I am busy, but I meet with my stylist pretty regularly!!

My stylist, Sakai san, is younger than me. However, he is decent & much smarter than me. Even he is really busy, he goes over a few newspaper and check some informative TV programs everyday to communicate well with his customers!!
I trust his "styling" skills, and I enjoy talking with him and other staffs in the saloon.

When I lived in Tokyo before, I was about to be his wedding emcee. Unfortunately, I move to the U.S, so I couldn't do that. However, lately, he has been saying, " I think I need to study English. I don't think I live in Japan forever and ever!"
Well...it's my turn again! I may start my "one point English lesson," when I go to the saloon next time. Actually, he said he was about to introduce me to one of his customers who needs an English teacher.
Having skills is good. We can help each other, right?
I like hanging out with "professionals." We can "give & take!"

No comments: