Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bad Habit

Once I thought it was a GOOD habit, but it turned out it may be a bad habit.
That was..."juggling household chore and study."

Doing household chore is inevitable. But I wanted to study as possible as I can...
Therefore, since I started to study English (or other things, I guess,) I tried to "discover" what I could do while I was doing household chore.
But since I am not so creative naturally, I have always done the same thing.
"Listening to something & doing washing dishes, clothes, cleaning, or cooking."
Just "what" I would listened to changed depends on which chore I would do.
When I did something "creative" like cooking, I listened to "receptive" one.
When I did something "ritual" like washing dishes, I listened to "productive" one.

Recently, I don't think about which one is receptive or productive.
I have listened to English TV programs from a Japanese channel because I want to recommend them to my students.
And today, I just finished watching those, so I started to "rerun" (just for myself) the Sex and the City (by DVDs.) I just watched the movie yesterday & wanted to see their "history" again.

But...is this a way of "study?" I just try to have fun while I am doing household chores that I don't like, don't I?
I noticed yesterday(have noticed it a long time ago, though) how slow I am to do ritual chores.
Maybe...I should "concentrate on" doing things to use time effectively, shouldn't I?
Time and money have "limits," so I need to think about changing my habit, maybe...
I envy characters from the "Sex and the City." They are working hard, making carrer, and going out often with their friends. How do they live??
Oh, they don't do "chores" as much as like us, for example cooking, I guess...
But there are some "real characters" who are trying to do everything!
I admire them & I should think about how I can do that...

No comments: