Friday, August 08, 2008

Englishman & American guy

From today, I started to participate in business meetings of my language school.
Then, I noticed what our "emergency teacher( a substitute teacher who work at local schools until a new local teacher comes)," Eliot, is a VERY nice gentleman!

If you come to my school, you can meet a "typical Englishman" ( I mean, as a Japanese eyes, after all) Eliot and a "typical American young guy" Bob.
Bob is always cheerful, positive, and friendly. One of my students, a sensitive young girl, called him "the Disneyland guy." I think it might be a good expression of him!

On the other hand, Eliot is quite different from Bob. Of course he has strong British accent. He speaks very calmly & slowly. His behavior is always elegant. When he walks, opens, or closes the door, he doesn't make a sound!

At first, I thought Eliot is too quiet. However, as I am getting know him, I have realized he is very warm-hearted & passionate teacher.

In fact, at the today's business meeting, he suggested many "cute" ways to welcome new students. Writing a welcome board, giving them giveaways, taking photos with them, showing some our "original" gestures, writing cards, etc, etc.
Actually, I saw a "welcome board" he made.
It was made by handwriting, and his handwriting was like a child's one! I know his elegant appearance, so the gap was really funny, actually!
Also, he showed us some "original gestures" he created. These are also beyond our imagination. I mean, they are VERY funny especially when the elegant Englishman, Eliot does!!

"The typical American guy," Bob, has been also planning some nice parties to make our campaign successful. Both of them are really nice guys.
However, their "uniqueness" come from their native countries...they made me smile.

Next month, a new "Australian guy" teacher will come!
I don't know what a "typical Australian guy" is like... But it's exciting to have a new co-worker!

No comments: