Monday, August 25, 2008

Getaway?

What did you do on this heavy-raining-weekend??
My hubby and I stayed at Akazawa Onsen(hot spring!)
We wanted it to be a "getaway" like our last Christmas trip to Jamaica.
We intended to go to beach and sightseeing spots, but the bad weather ruined our plan.

However, we enjoyed & were relaxed a lot!
Akazawa Onsen is located in Izu city. It was built by DHC, which is a major cosmetic company.
Therefore, we enjoyed many kinds of hot spring bathrooms that are good for beautiful skin! Also, they provided us various cosmetic samples.
Nowadays, DHC has developed organic food. Actually, the food in Akazawa Onsen was especially remarkable!

But the best thing was...the fact we stayed the gorgeous hotel for free!
My parents-in-law won sweepstakes, and they gave us a free ticket to stay there.

We enjoyed Onsen and spa yesterday, and today, we went to Gotenba Premium Outlet Mall. It was weird to me that American Premium Outlet Mall is located in Japan & there were full of Japanese... But the selection & prices were fairly good!
I got two pairs of shoes "for work" ( I know, this is always my excuse...)
They are from prestigious brands for me, but prices were surprisingly cheap because the mall provided a big sale!!

I can say this excursion was good enough to be our "getaway," but here is one thing we can't be "away..."
From Gotenba Outlet Mall to our home in Tokyo, it took 4 hours because of the traffic jam!! I love Tokyo, but this "crowd" may always annoy us as long as we live here.

By the way, the Beijing Olympics has finished today.
By the time of next London Olympics, where am I? What do I do? Which accomplishments do I want to achieve?
I would repeat work & rest, concentrate & relaxed...and the next four years may come really fast.
I think I have grown so-so-much more than myself four years ago.
Hopefully, I wish I can feel the same four years later!
Well, but, I know I can feel "my age" more that "growth..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Keiko-san.

Last week, we also went to Hakone and enjoyed Hot spring.
I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad weather.
We enjoyed fine weather in Hakone, however, our getaway was like a storm.

My husband has been to Aomori for half a year on business. So, I gave up taking a holiday this summer. However, happy news came unexpectedly. He came home and could take four days off. Hooray!

The first day… he must have been tired. He stayed all day in the bed.
The next day, we went to Hakone. I booked traditional Japanese style high-class ryokan as a reward for childrearing so hard. However, it was a mistake. Tap was so exciting. He couldn’t stay calm. We have to chase him. We protected Fusuma, Shoji, and flower vases from his vandalization. We couldn’t have a relax time. Ah!

The last day, we went to Haneda airport to see my husband off. In the morning, my husband said “I am going back to Aomori by train. If so, I can stay with Tap as long as possible. Last train lives off Tokyo station at 7 p.m. ” Hmm…I said to him. “It seems a good idea but you must be very tired. We will see you off at Haneda airport. How about going to Haneda by car? ” He rounded his eyes. ”By car? YOU drive? NO! My car would be ruined”

How did it end? Finally, we went by his drive and came back by MY DRIVE.
Before getting on board, he seemed to be anxious and said to me weekly. ”Good luck”
How is the car? Of course it still remains safe.

Yuko