Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No one is a superman

Before I got to work, I watched the first heat of 100-meter hurdles at Beijing Olympics.
The "face" of this Olympics & defending champion, Liu Xia, appeared. The audience erupted with cheers, and then...he left the field.

After I heard he withdrew the competition because of injury, I thought "After all, no one is a superman."
Why? Because I didn't want to go to work just after summer vacation, I just tried to persuade me "Everyone doesn't want to go to work after a long vacation!!"
...I know I can't apply my lazy feeling to the top athlete's tragedy.
However, as long as we are human beings, we can't keep "the best condition" all the time.

Then, after work, I got a result of the last TOEIC.
My score lowered from last year's one!! I thought Japanese TOEIC was easier than American TOEIC. When I took it last month, I felt it again.
I got 950 in the U.S, so I thought I would get higher score than that.
But the reality is, my score is worse than last time!!!

I KNOW I am not a "superman," but I want to keep improving!
I should make my English ability more stable. I should feel, "I did everything what I could do!" like top athletes at the Olympics...

I want to take the TOEIC as soon as possible & change my score. But before that, I will take the first grade of STEP test (Eiken.) I MUST? pass it because my salary will increase (a little bit) if I pass the test!
After I take the STEP test, I will take the TOEIC again in this year.

Again, I ain't a "superman," but I want to exercise my ability at at the maximum.
To be able to do that, I should feel "burn out" from hard-working.
Let me get out of my lazy-daily-customy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's too bad your score went down. A 950 is a pretty high score, anyhow! Maybe you were just tired that day? I found an interesting website that has practice TOEIC questions. You might like it. It's called ACE THE TOEIC, www.acethetoeic.com.

Have you taken the TOEIC again? What was your score?