Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Confession

I have a confession to make...
Today, I made two mistakes during my classes!!

One was a grammatical mistake. That was an OBVIOUS one, so after I checked the correct answer, I corrected my mistakes and apologized to the students.
The other was a pronunciation mistake. I did it in a private lesson. While my student was working exercises, I checked the right pronunciation sneakily, but I didn't correct my mistake. Why? Because I was embarrassed!! I taught them the word as if it was really familiar to me... Also, I thought( hoped) the pronunciation's difference was subtle, so I "hoped" that I "don't have to" correct it or apologize to him.

Ummm...is it true??
Before I became an English teacher, I thought "I want to be a VERY good teacher who always think about my students' improvement!"
However...depends on the day, I may not prepare enough or not research enough.

When you make mistakes at work, do you make them clear soon & apologize soon?
Or, do you try to varnish them??
I think it may depend on what kind of mistakes you made, but basically, "honesty" is the best.

Haahhh... well, the "most important thing" is "not making the same mistake again," right??
Don't forget today's mistakes, Keiko!!

No comments: