Tuesday, September 02, 2008

New Blood

It had been raining hard for several days, but today, weather forecast said there was just "a little" chance of rain.
I brought a very small & light collapsible umbrella just in case.
However..."a little chance" and "just in case" hit me unfortunately.

Right after I went out riding a bike, it started to rain hard.
I grabbed a collapsible umbrella and opened it...but it became raining harder & harder...actually, it was like a heavy squall!
Even though I had an umbrella, it was so small that I was "conquered" by the squall.
My hair & blouse became completely wet as if I just took a shower wearing a suit.
My new pair of shoes was once taken off because of wetness, and my paper bag which accommodated teaching materials was worn out.
I shouted literally, "No way! I am so unlucky!!"

But here is another one who has a difficulty with weather.
That is...Sam, a new teacher from Australia!!
He just came to Japan from Melbourne a few weeks ago.
In Australia, you know, it is mid-winter! Since he arrived in Japan, he said he had "utterly" been in trouble to get used to the hot, humid Japanese summer.
Even though it became much cooler lately, today, he kept saying "It's hot! It's hot, isn't it??"

Anyway, he tried to talk with many students as possible as he could.
Good luck, new blood!
But actually, his height is almost same as mine & he is skinnier than me.
I mean, he is so young that he looks like a high school student!
Are you OK, Sam?? Well, I hope he will be OK...

No comments: