Friday, September 26, 2008

Teamwork

Today, our school got an inspection. Inspection? It's not exactly correct...
Let me explain. The language school I work for is a nationwide school. So, there are many "branch schools." I worked at a branch in Tokyo, along the Yamanote line.
Our school branch has achieved good profit in those days, so... today, several managers from other branches came to see "how to make a good profit!!"
However, the education manager of the headquarters also came...so, we should be careful not to give him some reasons to warn about teaching.

However, as a result, we have done well because of our "teamwork."
Most of our good results came from our manager, Rie, and our head teacher, Toshi's hard work. The thing I really admire them is they are very good at "asking for help" and "thanking."
They reported the head quarters that "We did it because of our teamwork." But it's not easy unless they share us information frequently, & explain the situations a lot.
If we (other teachers) did something for the school, they never forget to say "thank you!"
If they don't have time, they send "thank you e-mail" to us.
They are also "employees" of the school, but...they are very persistent to be successful as a language school, and a business.

I have seen some autocratic bosses, but nobody can everything without co-workers' help. I know there are some people who don't have to work or simply can't, but I really think everybody needs to have a job, especially when I learn a lot from my job.

No comments: