Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bankruptcy of the Lehman Brothers

Although I am less interested in world news than I should be, I couldn't stop reading articles about the bankruptcy of the Lehman Brothers.

What a nightmare happened! It was the forth largest stock brokerage firm in the U.S, and the employees were "elites..." However, now the company's stock price dived, and once became $1!! The employees had been given some parts of their salaries as "stocks." Now those turned out "papers." I heard some employees (used to be, unfortunately...) sold the company's logo stuff on e-bay.

Now, people on the Wall street are whispering, "Who's next?" Even though an insurer American International Group had government-backed bailout, it doesn't meant they were "salvaged." Some of my friends have been working for an American major brokerage firm. I know they are excellent wherever they go, but I am worried they might be under hard situation.

However, it's not just American thing, or "an American company" thing.
We have possibilities of "(economical) emergency" all the time.
In the case, what "salvages" us? Money? Friends? Mentors? Brain? Strategies? Physical strength? Mental strength? Flexibility?
...In any way, it's not waste of time to make & save your properties for the unforeseen future.

What? Why am I writing this serious topic, unlikely usual me?
Because I want to prepare for EIKEN's essay test!
Thank you for accompanying me☆

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mixiの携帯からは読めなかったのが、
最近、読めるようになりました。

これからは気軽に読めるので嬉しいです。
だけど、コメントはつけられなかったので
帰宅してから書いてます。

一つ、困るのは、携帯だと辞書機能がついてないこと。pcだと分からない単語にポインターを近づけると、日本語訳が出るからなんとか読めるのに。

実力勝負ですねー。(^^;)
              こっとんより