Monday, September 08, 2008

Team Spirit

I had reunion with my contemporaries. I mean, the "new-blood" teachers who had trainings as the same time with me.
Others are full-timers, so they have contributed to the school more than me.
Their common concern is "we want to show our team spirit, but we need to improve in our English more, so we need more time to study."
They are quite serious & sincere girls, so we did the "book-store-touring" to talk about which materials for English study are good!

After the reunion, I went to the Tokyo Dome to support my hubby's company's baseball team. Now, the national amateur baseball team tournament has been being held. My hubby's company's team (he is not an athlete, you know!) became best eight yesterday.
Tonight was the quarterfinal game.

My hubby "had to" go there as a staff and "had to" support their games, but I didn't expect to do that.
However, yesterday, my hubby said, "Common, let's go! Please come!"
...So, I made it.

I imagined to sit quietly & just "watch" the game like most Americans watching baseball games, but...here is Japan!
As westerners were surprised to watch the Japanese supporters at Olympics, we made a lot of noise during the game!
I know players can't "rest" during the game, but we also couldn't "rest."
There are many cheer girls & boys who always encouraged us to make some noise.
Clap, scream, sing songs...
Actually, I was exhausted!! My hubby looked the same.
I asked him,"why did you want me to come here?"
He smiled, "I just want you to know how hard to show the team spirit!"
I growled, "ahhh...OK. And, what else?"
He shrugged his shoulders, "I thought I could make an excuse for not going "team spirit party" after the game if I am with you!"

Ummm...it makes sense!
But fortunately? his company's team won. So...he and his co-workers have to demonstrate their team spirit more and more!
Good work☆

No comments: