Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Kicking the bad habit

Yes, the bad habit.
To me, it is...being a night owl!!
How bad is it?

Basically, I can stay up late at night. I do study, enjoy some hobbies, even household things...at late night!
But I still need to sleep from 6-8 hours per day.
Therefore, I had taken a nap to catch up with my necessary sleeping time.
Recently, my work time got my bad habit worse.
I come home around 9:00pm-11:00pm when I work. After that, I prepare meal, eat it, wash the dishes, study for the STEP test (Eiken) which I have to take in October, take a bath, and write a blog. Finally, I go to bed around 1:00-2:00pm!
However, do you notice? Instead of the late time to go home, my work starts also late.
So...I can do "prepare meal" thing or dairy study before I go to work, but in the time I should do those, I am "taking a nap" instead of going to bed late at night.
But it's opposed to the human nature!!
I should work hard ( I mean, including household chore and study) in the day time, and sleep at night!

Today is my day off. I went to bed at 2:00 am last night, but I tried not to take a nap, but to do housework which accumulated recently because of my schedule & not-good health condition.
It worked!
I had done pretty much household work until 4:00pm, and then...I went to bed.
I "had to" rest a little to take the STEP model test!
(Studying is always my excuse of taking a nap beforehand..."I should make my brain clear! etc...)
That was not a good plan, actually.
Instead of taking a test, I did the regular work(I mean, cooking;) late and eventually...now, it's already 1:30pm!
Some people say, "People who conduct household chore well can conduct their work well, too."
Ummmm... that's why I don't make a point while I am working!!

But I don't give up! I will do some experiments to "kick the bad habit!!"
We'll see...

No comments: