Monday, September 15, 2008

EIKEN

Originally, I was just interested in TOEIC as an English test.
Other major English tests, for example, TOEFL is for entrance of a university and I don't plan to do it so far, and EIKEN is...there were big differences between grades, I thought.

But now, my current employer, a language school, give teachers who have the first grade of the EIKEN good treatment.
They give us better salary ①those who have over 900 of the TOEIC ②those who have the first grade of the EIKEN.
I am eligible ①、but if I am qualified ②...I will get better one.
Other than that, if I am be able to teach a class for getting the first grade of the EIKEN, the hourly salary will be the highest!

...Other than these, "getting the best grade of the EIKEN" will makes me more "qualified" teacher. I can give some advice my students, not only about TOEIC, but also EIKEN. I should be a professional about any English tests.

Moreover, EIKEN supporters say, "TOEIC just has a listening test and a reading test, but EIKEN tests us writing and speaking as well. Also, a score of the TOEIC expires two years, but once you get an EIKEN grade, it will be "a lifetime long qualification!"

Under those influence, I started to prepare for the EIKEN a month? ago.
It is not easy for me to pass the first grade, because...I don't have enough knowledge about vocabulary & current affairs!!
The essay test has a large part of this test. I write this blog everyday, but the topics of EIKEN are not like this informal writing.
For example, "Should more be done to eliminate world hunger?" or "Does society give the rights of animals enough consideration?" ...At the speaking test, we have to make a speech about those kinds of topics!!

It could be not only my English problem, but also just "my" problem.
I just watch informative TV shows, like Tokudane (とくダネ)or King's brunch(王様のブランチ)instead of reading newspaper.
I should correct not only my study habits, but also just "my" habits to grow a "cultured" adult!!

No comments: