Sunday, September 14, 2008

Specialty

My hubby and I have enjoyed most of food in Japan since we came back here.
But, one thing we miss America (just speaking about food,) is...STEAK!!
So, today, after we went to our favorite outlet mall, we stopped by the Outback steakhouse at Minamiosawa(南大沢。)

When we lived in the States, Outback steakhouse http://www.outback.com/ is one of the most popular restaurants. Whenever we went there, we had to wait at least 20 minutes.
We had already researched where the branches are in Japan.
In Shinagawa, Shibuya, and Minamiosawa.
Today, we went to the least (seemingly) crowded one!

The restaurant was in the big building, not likely in the U.S.
But the interior and the menu were almost exactly the same as American ones.
(Oh, the restaurant is originally from Australia, though)
Besides us, a black family sat, enjoyed dinner, and celebrated the wife's birthday.
There were some black waiters, too. The scene was like when we were in the States! We just reminisced our American days.

When we ordered, we asked whether drinks were refillable and we could take the food out if we couldn't eat everything. The answers were "yes" to both questions.
Wow, that's great!
They have American good food habits and their original menu, but here is in Japan, so we could order in Japanese!
We felt really happy.

However, when we had "climax," I mean, when we were eating the main dish, we felt something different.
We ordered the Rib eye steaks, our favorite ones, but the taste was...actually, not as good as the ones we had in the States.
Then we realized a cliche.
we could have the area's specialty even if we were not there, but it is better if we have them, exactly in the area!!

But I am still happy. I don't know how many times I can have "the specialty."
I may live there or travel, but I'm happy if I am with my hubby.
We have some little "flaws" in our daily life, but if we are healthy and be together, that is the perfect!!

No comments: