Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unconditional Love

A few days ago, when I was about to fall asleep in the morning on my day off( I always take a looong nap on my day offs,) the phone rang.
I didn't take it because I wanted to sleep, but the caller was leaving her message on my answering machine, and that was my mom.
"Hello, Keiko, are you leaving home? I want to send chicken (she buys specific chicken from her favorite farm) to you, so when are you at home?"
...I gave up, and took the phone.

A half hour later I hung up the phone, I was almost falling asleep again, then...
The phone rang again. My answering machine answered instead of frustrating me, and that was my aunt.
"Hi, I will send pumpkin to your home. When are you at home?"

...Actually, they are very good at "waking me up" on my day offs... It happens all the time!
But of course I didn't complain!
They often send me food because of their kindness.

Tonight, I got a big cardboard box from my mom.
There were not only chicken, but also several kinds of sashimi, fish for grill, and "mommy handmade" stuff. She baked bread, made ketchup, blackberry jam, seasoned salmon, boiled beans, and pasta source, etc, etc, and sent them to us.

My mom was a nutritionist. Since I was a kid, she was always in the kitchen, and made everything from scratch. Not only breakfast to dinner, but also sweets & any kinds of source. I thought I would be a housekeeper like mom, but after I grew up, I realized... "We can buy them everything at stores!!"

Anyway, whenever I got these stuff from my parents, my parents-in-law, or my relatives, I feel their unconditional love. Also I sense, I shouldn't take them for granted.

By the way, whenever my hubby and I have dinner, he"put aside" his unfavorite dishes to my side discreetly.
I always notice that and say, "Hey! You should eat everything!"
Then he says, "Please love me unconditionally! I want to eat just what I like!"

...Oh honey, it is not called "unconditional love," but "spoiling love!!"

No comments: