Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Heartbeat

7:00pm on Tuesday, is the time I can watch the "American Idol."
Lately, I've kind of forgotten about watching cable TV, but I just happened to remember this program.

American Idol was my favorite reality show when I was in the U.S.
The contestants' performances were superb & I could watch the young gifted guy's growth. There are some favorite artists from this show...like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Katharine Mcphee, and Jordan Spark.
Especially, I was fascinated by Katharine's performances all the time. I remembered I cast some votes for her on the phone. She ended up as a runner-up, but still...she is brilliant.

I love music, so all the time some pieces of music are "playing" in my heart.
The songs depend on the time. The hot songs of the year ( for me) remind me of the days.
Especially, the American popular songs at the time I was in the U.S, make me nostalgic.
For example, You don't know my name by Alicia Keys, Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson, Kisses don't lie or Umbrella by Rhiana, Big girls don't cry by Fergie...
Whenever I hear those songs, I feel nostalgic.
I know I had great experiences in America, but it is true that sometimes I felt lonely & unsecured in a foreign country.
However, I think I'm lucky to have the nostalgic feeling cause it means I know different culture.

I hope the next "American-Idols-to-bes" will create such music ringing in our hearts.

No comments: