Friday, March 13, 2009

Woman's Worth

When I worked at the Labor Standard Bureau as an official, I had never felt I had an advantage of being a woman. I also didn't have a disadvantage as the point of welfare, but there were some stubborn guys who looked down women.

However, after I quit being an official, I got to know there were some jobs which had advantages of being a woman. And I like that.
When I was a wedding emcee, there were some fascinating guy emcees.
But still, many clients said, "We prefer a woman as an emcee."

Actually, the same thing can be said in the world of English education.
Generally, female teachers are gentle, pleasant, good at talking & English pronunciation.
At my school, the head teacher & foreign teachers are male.
So, recently my schedule is going to be packed with clients who said, "I would like to have a female teacher!"

Ryoko is a typical "madame" who lived near our school. I mean, in the gorgeous area.
She is always wearing branded clothes & having a luxurious label's purse, like Prada or Hermes.
Because my schedule was appointed by my private students, I told her that Toshi would teach her from April.
But Ryoko said, "Oh, no! I know Toshi sensei is a good person, but guy's voices are hard to catch. I prefer a female teacher, and I have enjoyed your lessons.
Please change the schedule as possible as you can."

It must be hard, but I didn't feel bad. I was requested!
I love having a job with advantages of being a woman. Maybe it's because I can enjoy being a woman, too.
Any problem?

No comments: