Friday, March 20, 2009

Stimulus

Since the new semester will start soon, many kids have been applying for my English school to be new students. We have to talk a lot with them. When I talked with Ruriko, who is 8 years old, I was amazed.

When I asked her, "What do you want to be in the future?", she said.
"I want to study abroad. And then, I want to be a teacher in America."
"...Wow! A teacher in America! Why do you think so?"
"Well, the first time when I read an English book, I was 6 years old. I thought English was really interesting. Then, I visited my uncle's house who lives in Los Angels. I talked with an American girl, and she understood my English. I was really really glad about it! I had wanted to be a teacher in Japan, but after that, my goal was changed to be the one in America!"

...Wow!! I was amazed how international experience stimulates a child's dream.
Also, even just reading English made her VERY interested in English, and she didn't forget that.

...Parents, your kid may have surprising possibilities, too!!

No comments: