Monday, March 30, 2009

Rose Jam

When I had dinner at Sungari , a traditional Russian restaurant with my friends a few days ago, I ordered Russian tea as a dessert. The Russian tea is supposed be tasted with three kinds of jam. One of the jam was rose jam. When I tasted the jam, I said..."Wow!" The dishes at the restaurant were great, http://www.the-shinjuku.ne.jp/CONTENTS/MEIBUTU/SUNGARI/ but the best one for me was honestly the ROSE JAM!! (I'm sorry to say it because the jam was the only one that they don't make...)

I had been wondering where I could get the rose jam.
But very coincidentally, I found the same one today!!

My hubby and I went to Kamishiro botanical garden which is near our condo.
There were some rose goods in the souvenir shop, and one of them was... the Damask Rose Jam. I decided to buy one with a little doubt. I didn't think I found the same one as I had at a fancy Russian restaurant...
But after I got home, when I licked it, I was sure this one was the same!!
http://www.yogurtson.com/Japanese/cts_shop/index_shop.html

I just love, love, love, the dedicate fragrance, rose taste, & faint sweetness!
Actually, I am writing this blog licking a few spoon of the jam...Phew, now it's 2;20 am!!
I know I'm totally addicted to the rose jam...
Fantastic!

No comments: