Monday, March 16, 2009

Interview Seminar

When I participated in an interview preparations seminar for EIKEN, I found a scary fact.
It's too late to prepare for this profound interview after I finish the writing test!

The teacher, Mr. Yamanaka, gave us a list of 60 possible topics for EIKEN interview.
We should make a speech of it for 2 minutes. However, if I wouldn't prepare anything, I couldn't make a logical speech!
Additionally, the topics are economical, political, cultural, international...
For a girl who doesn't have a common sense like me, would be in trouble!

Therefore, I've decided to publish my essays (might be a speech script, too) on this blog, instead of my daily issues.
My blog would be more boring than usual, so I'm afraid if I take your time for this self-satisfactional writings. If you read mine, I appreciate it..but you don't have to!

Today, I'd like to write about the retirement.
Should mandatory retirement age be extended to 65?

I think we should extend the retirement age to 65 because of the following reasons.

First, nowadays there are many old (I mean, who are over 60, in this case) people. They are not like those who were the same generation at the time when the retirement age was decided to be 60. They are healthy, capable, and enthusiastic about working for a longer time. There is no meaning to waste such wonderful people to work!

Secondly, pension issues.
Because of the aging society with less number of child birth, they can't get their pensions until they reach 65.
How do people who are 60-65 survive without a constant income?
Under this unstable economy, it is wrong to force them to save money to get through the "lost" five years.
Let's get them to work & activate the Japanese economy more and more!

Lastly, the shortage of the labor.
Because of the less number of child birth, we will be short of the labor force in near future. To prepare the time, we need more people who can work.
I don't want to talk about only old people. But also women, too!
They also should be exploited as the precious work force.
However, in the reality, it is not easy to keep a job after they delivered a child.
We should work on how to arrange the system for them to work easier.
Not only the retirement issue. We need to establish the social system to work comfortably for all people.

See? I am too sleepy to proofread my essay...
It is a poor essay, but I should practice a lot!
"Forewarned is forearmed." Right?


No comments: