Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Appearance Importance

When I was doing some chores at the office, our assistant manager told me.
"Do you know Bob became a MODEL?"
...Bob is a MODEL now! I didn't know that!!

Bob is our former coworker.
The assistant manager said, "Bob made a contract exclusively to XXXX(a famous Italian apparel brand!). But not for an international ads, but for Japanese domestic ads, I heard."
I knew, he might be...
He was not a very tall guy like other international models, but he was like "an American sweetheart for Japanese girls."
He looked...a typical Western cute guy that many Japanese think of.

I think appearance is one of the importance of being a teacher.
I'm not like Bob, a natural beauty, but I try to look better. Most of my students are very generous, so they always make some comments about my fashion, make-up, or hairdos. I also try to make comments of their appearance (I mean, mostly fashion or some belongings)too, because that kind of conversation can be a lubricant to make a good rapport.

Yes, appearance is important...even though sometimes girls in my 7-8 year old class pull my hair accessory or necklace, and say, "Give your belt to me! Then, I might repeat your English!!"

...They ARE little gangsters!!!

No comments: