Thursday, February 11, 2010

Coaching Skills

I've heard "I'll go to COUNSELLING" or "I need to have COUNSELLING" from words of mouth or TV dramas in America, but I don't remember I heard a lot about "coaching."
However, it seems to be getting common right now.

My friend, Mayumi, has had training as a "coaching professional" and I heard about the job today.
As she said,counselling is for people who tries to become "normal" or rather "active" from depressing situations. On the other hand, coaching is for people who are already "active," and help them to achieve their goals.
For examples, many managers, executives, or professional athletes have their own "coach" to strengthen their mentality.

That sounds like very positive job!
Since I moved back to Tokyo, I've been getting familiar with some "new" job (to me,) and which is very pleasant.
I don't know if I move again somewhere, but I'd like to enjoy living in Tokyo for awhile!!

No comments: