Monday, February 01, 2010

Letter from New Student

Who has been saying, "The Japanese birth rate has been stagnant!?"
At our school, kids' student population has been propagating!!

Today, I welcomed three new kid students at each class.
At 7-8 year old class, the new student's name was Miyu. She said she had never learned English before, but her pronunciation & greetings were perfect.
She said, "Hello, my name is Miyu. How are you? Nice to meet you!"
After the greeting, she gave me the drawing of a girl. (right picture!)She must love drawing! I just thought, and asked her.

Keiko:"Is this you?"
Miyu:"Not me."
K:"Is this your mother?"
M:"No."
K:" Is this your...sister? or friend?"
M: "No! This is my English teacher, YOU!!"

...Wow!! I had never met her before, but she "imagined" what her English teacher(ME!!) would be like. How cute she is!! I was impressed, but she even made me moved more.

Miyu: "And...here it is. This is also for you."
She gave the this letter (left picture!) ...Oh, you don't read Japanese?
It says,"Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to learning English from you!"
Isn't it nice???

I didn't meet her mother today. Miyu said,
"My mom is working hard, so she left me here and went back to her office."
I bet she is a busy working woman, but I'm sure the mother taught Miyu English, and told Miyu about writing my drawing and letter for me.
What a GREAT mom her mother is!!
Today was snowy cold day...(It was the FIRST snowy day since we came back to Tokyo!!) But the letter and the drawing made me warm.

After I got home, I showed these to my hubby.
He said,"Ah... I don't know how her English is good, but her imagination is not good at all! The girl in this picture is APPARENTLY a child!! Not a teacher!!"
Oh, right...

2 comments:

レイナ said...

かわいいね(^^) どんな先生なのかな、ってワクワクしてきっと彼女の中で最上級にかわいい女の人(…子、だね)を描いたんだね!
また彼女が絵やメッセージくれたら紹介してくれると嬉しいな (*^^*)
私までココロがあったかくなって、おすそわけもらったよ♡

keiko said...

レイナ、ありがとう♪

今まで生徒からお手紙もらったことは数あれど、初めて会う生徒から手紙もらったことは初めて!
大人じゃありえない髪型と服装してるけど(笑)そこがまた7歳児らしくてかわいいよね^^