Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Types of obstacles to improve in...

Among my adult students, there are two types of students who don't improve in English very much.

1. Stubborn type.
Even I recommend good ways to improve in English, they say, "Oh, I don't have time to do that!" or "I just don't do that way." While obedient students get good results, the stubborn students still are at the same level...

2. Forgettable type.
I don't know why, but they (actually, only one in my students) don't remember what they learned two weeks ago. They might remember a week before class. But two weeks later, what they did became "nothing!"

I think the common point of two types are "they are VERY passive." They have their resolutions, but they don't try to think where they are,and what they should do to make their dreams come true.

Sorry for the pessimistic article! I've been teaching a year and a half for the same school, but a few of them still have "little" improved... ESPECIALLY, those who have to get a good result, at EIKEN or TOEIC.

However, they come to me because they don't know how they should!
I should customise some strategies for each student more and more. That must be very hard....but whenever I had difficult clients, I think I got great chances to "improve" myself as a professional.

Do my best for them! Then, there will be something worth appearing to me and themselves...

No comments: