Monday, February 08, 2010

Time Chart

Yesterday, when I accompanied my hubby to a golf range, I browsed my favorite( I've been interested in it for a long time, but I've never bought it!) magazine, "President" when he practiced.
The back number's title was, "Good-bye busy-lazy me! How to use 24 hours effectively."
The issue showed me the results of surveys between "effective business people( whose annual income is over 15,000,000yen)" and "common people(whose annual income is around 5,000,000 yen)."

The results were really interesting...
For example, "effective people go to office one hour earlier than common people."
"Effective people use one hour in the morning to study for themselves,"etc, etc.
Among them, the one which caught me the most was,
"Effective people know how much time they consume for each task."

Then, I remembered one Japanese TV drama, "Rikon Bengoshi(Divorce Lawyer.)"
In the drama, the main character who was a hardworking lawyer (acted by Yuki Amami,) made "time chart." She colored how she used the time for each work, to know how much she consumed.
When I watched the drama (four years ago?) I thought it would be a good way even for me, to study effectively. But I had never tried!

Then, I started to make my own "time chart."
The color difference is the following;
Sleeping and meal: blue
Housework: navy
Beauty(hair& make, skincare, beauty saloon, etc):purple
Studying:pink
Family(date with my hubby, talk with my family, write letters to my family,etc):brown
Socializing:orange
Extracurricular activities(Toastmasters, French):gray
Work:light green
Hospital, health:green
Hobby:black

So, today? Actually, my time chart became almost all "navy!!"
After I woke up, I did the laundry, made lunch, ate lunch, dried the laundry, thought about cooking menu, folded the clothes, cooked dinner, ate dinner, cooked stock food for two days( I'll go out tomorrow and Tuesday, as well!) cleaning the house...
The only one I did for my study was "memorizing my next speech for the Toastmaster's speech contest." That was good, but...should I learn how to do housework effectively rather than learning English or French???????

I was a bit discouraged, and my hubby said...
"I guess your time chart today was A LOT OF BLUE!! You slept for a loooong time, right?"
Oh, right... I got up at 11:00 even thought I planned to get up at 8:00am!!
That is another culprit...

No comments: