Friday, February 05, 2010

Food Flood

I don't think I'm food-conscious like my mother. ...I thought so.

Today was my regular "beauty maintenance" day. I went to an eyelash saloon and a hair saloon at Kichijoji. When I go to Kichijoji, usually I hung out department stores and drug stores. However, today, I irregularly didn't stop by anywhere, and went back to Mitaka because I tried to save money...but, I was unexpectedly "trapped" in a supermarket.
Cheese, noodle, spring veggies, pickle... Lots of my favorite food!
Maybe, because I had VERY nice lunch at an organic vegetable restaurant "courage",
http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1320/A132001/13048567/
my mind was filled with healthy food.


Then...I remembered when I moved back to Japan from America.
In America, we lived a big house, so our kitchen was large. Maybe, it was about ten-tatami spread, as I remembered... When we moved there, I realized I...stored too much food! It's just SO MUCH for two of us that I felt FOOD FLOOD attacked me! Why did I store so much food? I felt regret, and SWORE not to buy too much food, but get "prompt" amount for us.

But after I came back to Japan, I started to STORE too much food again, making excuses, like, "If I run out of food and don't have time to shop?" or "If an earthquake happens? We NEED extra food!! "

Is this a kind of maternal instinct to STORE nutrition for a baby???
Cause not only me, but many women have this instinct, I think... Like, "empty-fridge phobia" or something like that.
I've been trying to be realistic & effective to keep "prompt amount" food in our fridge...but when the food in fridge became almost prompt, my mom called me.
"Hey,Keiko! I just sent you LOTS OF seafood! Enjoy!!"
Wait a minute, another FOOD FLOOD is coming soon...

No comments: