Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spirit

Tonight,I took my friend Masami to go for a drink to my favorite place-the Butlers' Cafe, In Shibuya.

It has been a half year since I paid a visit there last time, so there have been a big turnover... But the butler who I was always impressed was still there. He is Francis, a Russian.

In contrast to new butlers who hesitated to talk to us, didn't notice our glasses were empty...
Francis was very thoughtful, careful, cheerful, and having full of topics to talk to.
I like people who put their spirits into their work, like Francis. I can see he tries to entertain his clients, from the bottom of his heart. Regardless which job they are engaged, I feel very happy when I meet such people.

...In addition...as you know, we saw the "athletes' spirits" today, right?
At men's figure skating at Vancouver Olympics, Daisuke Takahashi got the bronze medal!
I found an interesting article.
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/figure_skating/news?slug=es-thoughts021810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Three-time world champion & two-time silver medalist, Evan Stojko, wrote this article.
He criticized today's gold medalist, Evan Lysacek, for not taking risk. Also he said Daisuke Takahashi was "awesome" because he tried the quad and he had a gut to go for it. He even said, Diasuke should've been ahead of Lysacek! Moreover, he said, Takahiko Kozuka didn't get points he deserved and he was "great."
The judging sports are sometimes controversy...but I was glad a famous professional had the same opinion as mine.

No comments: